Feb 28, 2010

Wishing for Spring

After a looooong month of absence, I think my inspiration is back. My creativity works in cycles. There are periods in which I am constantly creating cards, scrapbook pages, altered objects and all kinds of stuff. Then suddenly I enter a dry spell in which I only read blogs, browse papercrafts magazines and maybe buy some stuff (which is left untouched). Then one day I feel inspired again, and the cycle starts over. It is a bit like the sea tides: sometimes high, sometimes low.
I had bought the Papertrey Ink Blooming Button Bits more than a month ago. After seeing Splitcoaststampers CAS challenge 54 Wishing for Spring, I decided it was time to ink it up. I stamped the stems with CTMH Clover Meadow ink on PTI white cardstock. I then sponged some PTI Spring Rain and CTMH Clover Meadow to simulate the sky and the grass, respectively. The buttons are from my stash of Basic Grey embellishments. I matted the image with some coral cardstock (either PTI Berry Sorbet or SU! cameo coral, I'm not sure.) The green patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Urban Prairie collection, and the yellow and purple ones are from PTI Bitty Box Basics. The border was made with Fiskars apron lace punch. I added three Hero Arts gemstones to balance the design.
Making this cheery card lifted my spirits and now I have been able to do some scrapbook pages. It looks like the creativity tide is rising again!

No comments:

Post a Comment