Jan 15, 2010

Baby Scrapbook Kit



It has been raining nonstop for three days. We have been inside since Wednesday. I have taken advantage of the weather, and dedicated myself to my crafty endeavors. Today I made a baby scrapbook kit for my baby niece. My sister has mentioned a couple of times that she would like to place the all the baby photos in a scrapbook, but she feels intimidated by the whole idea of scrapbooking. So I made her journaling cards and number embellishments (for the months) so she could slip the photos in a photo album and record her memories without the pressure of actually making a scrapbook from scratch. After all, the important thing is to preserve the histories behind the photos.


I used the Basic Grey Sugared Collection. The rest of the materials were taken from my stash. I used CTMH stamps with CTMH Creme Brulee, CTMH Mellow Moss and SU! Pretty in Pink inks. The edges were inked with Creme Brulee ink. All the journaling cards measure 4x6 inches, so they can be slipped easily in a photo album sleeve.
I packaged all the journaling cards in a box made using the template of the memory keeper featured this week on Gina K's Stamp TV. I used PTI Sweet Blush CS, SU! So Saffron CS and Basic Grey Sugared DP. "My Baby" was spelled with CTMH alphabet stamps.



Here is a closer look of some of the mats I made. They could be used to mat the journaling cards, titles, photo mats or as journaling cards. I added glitter using the Nicole Heady's technique of placing a sticky strip and then adding glitter.



I packaged the number embellisments in a bag made with the Big Shot and the SU! Fancy Favor die. I think the kit turned out pretty cute. I hope my sister likes it.


No comments:

Post a Comment