Jan 3, 2010

Back in 2010

It is funny how life can get crazy pretty fast. Before you know it, the months have flown by, the year has ended and you are left wondering what happened. Since the beginning of a new year is a great moment to rethink life and start anew, I am making a few basic resolutions:
  • No more procrastination
  • I will be more organized
  • Craft-related: I will use the stuff I have before buying more

The last one is particularly hard since gorgeous products are being released from every imaginable company. But I have simply no more space. So, it is use it up or give it to the kids.

Now for some projects I did last year. The next two are sort of experimental artist journal-type scrapbook pages.

I was thinking about planting hope. The text in the signs is a poem from Christina Rosetti, Hope:
Hope is like a harebell trembling from its birth,
Love is like a rose the joy of all the earth;
Faith is like a lily lifted high and white,
Love is like a lovely rose the world's delight;
Harebells and sweet lilies show a thornless growth,
But the rose with all its thorns excels them both.
To make the page, I used assorted CTMH patterned papers, CTMH stamps, SU! cardstock, SU! craft inks and SU! white embossing powder. The tree is a Hero Arts background stamp.The above page is done with the same materials, but using SU! and CTMH stamps.

The following card was exactly CASEd from the Basic Grey site. I needed a baby card and saw this card in the promotional photo of the Sugared card kit. I fell in love with it. It was easy to make since I had the entire Sugared collection pack untouched. (I find it hard to cut beautiful papers, but I am working on it.) The flower was punched with the SU! flower punch.


The last card uses the Crazy for Cupcakes SU! stamp set and wheel. The decorative edge strip was punched with a Martha Stewart edge punch. The polka dot paper is Papertrey Ink. I colored the image with Copics and added SU! dazzling diamonds glitter. And now to make some projects in the New Year! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment